Saturday, December 6, 2008

December

I thought I would update this since it has been a while.

I have two part time jobs that combined almost equal one part time job. I work out at Oakbrook selling lotions and wine goblets. It's great fun. My bosses are pretty cool for the most part. I get stuck doing stock a lot at one place which is good considering I like doing stuff instead of just standing around. It's a paycheck.

Reapplied to Yellowstone for the summer. I can't wait to go back and have a blast.

I am considering taking a travel writing course. I am also thinking of writing a book on my experiences thus far with the whole NPS career. That is, after my honors thesis is FINALLY finished. UGH.

I am also thinking of learning French, and actually retaining most of it unlike when I took it in high school. I'd also like to learn spanish, irish and sign language but those will wait until I have more money.

As for guys, don't get your hopes up just yet because so far there's nothing. I still hang out with my friend Al. The other day we went to dinner with another friend and Al and I said something in perfect unison. It was creepy because that sort of thing only happens in movies. He had a bloody nose most of the evening but he still let me watch Supernatural.

OH! Alright so the guys in that show are still really cute. Cute guys rock and I'm glad they're on a good show. The episode I just watched from season three "Magnificent Seven" started out in my own town of Oak Park, IL. How freakin' sweet is that? Only....it didn't go into any lore about OP, because I'm pretty sure there is none considering this town. And then, well, they just didn't get OP right. They showed this guy going out to the street with his house in the background. We don't have any houses that look like those bland cookie cutter ones out in the other suburbs. We have stucco houses and bungalos. And then, they shot the night sky. First off, the city isn't that close, and nowhere, unless on a bridge over the Ike do you get a view that clear of the skyline. There are trees in the way. And then, I have never ever seen the moon that big so I'm not really sure where they got the impression that it was so huge in reality here.

Oh well, it's cool that they mentioned the town name. In text. For a few seconds.

No comments: